Okaloosa Island Leaseholders Association OILA
       Okaloosa Island Leaseholders Association                 OILA


If you have a complaint or feel that there is a voilation of the Island Covenents and Restrictions you have some options on how to proceed.

Okaloosa County does not have an active monitoring system to identify covenant and code violations. Investigations are generated only by complaints. If you notice what appears to be a violation, there are several ways this can be reported. The OILA Board met and determined that the following information would be helpful to the residents.


Contact the South Office County Code Enforcement Officers:


Lisa Payton
Code Enforcement Supervisor
1250 Eglin Parkway, Suite 301
Shalimar, Florida 32579
Phone: (850) 651-7531
Fax: (850) 651-7706
E-mail address is lpayton@co.okaloosa.fl.us


John Wilson
Code Enforcement Officer
1250 Eglin Parkway, Suite 301
Shalimar, Florida 32579
Phone: (850) 651-7190
Fax: (850) 651-7032
E-mail address is jwilson@co.okaloosa.fl.us


Note that this address is the new Okaloosa County Administration building in Shalimar, FL.


Go to the Code Enforcement page on the county website by clicking here.  Review the information on this web page and download the Complaint Form, complete it, and submit it to either the Growth Management Department or the Code Enforcement officers.

You may wish to submit your complaint to OILA and have the association handle the issue.  If so, obtain the OILA complaint form from this website or pick one up from the front lobby of the Fire House on Okaloosa Island.  Then, return the form to OILA, either by mail, e-mail, or by contacting a member of the Board of Directors.


If you have photos to support your complaint, send those along with your other paper work. It is very helpful to document which covenant or code you believe is being violated. A copy of the Covenants and Restrictions is located on this web site.  This is located on the About Us page.  There is also A Map of the Island  which helps to explain the various "blocks".

Adobe Acrobat document [20.4 KB]

For environmental issues call Environmental Officer Williams at 651-7125 or the Sheriff’s Office if you have a problem reaching Officer Williams.

Okaloosa County Code of Ordinances can be found at:


Print | Sitemap
© Okaloosa Island Leaseholders Association Email comments and suggestions to webmaster@oilaweb.com